RE: Welding up the diff.

> OK wise guy,  :^)
> If someone offered you a fully sponsored ride (towing,tolls, entry
> fees, parts, repairs, get the idea) would you pass it up?
>
> As much as you may bust on the dirt boys, I am living proof that
> autox driving helps in ALL types of racing.  I use all the techniques
> from autoxing on the dirt track, and I took rookie of the year
> finishing 8th out of 50 drivers.  Things like left foot braking, seat
> of the pants car control, anticipation and knowing whats way ahead of
> you.  Get the idea.
>
> Yea the "Big" boys run on asphalt, I guess us poor people have to
> settle on dirt.  BTW, how well do you do in autox?  ANd do you need
> special suspension to ride the earthquakes?
>

> On 10 Dec 97 at 18:26, Shawn C Meze wrote:
>
> > Hey Phillyman:
> >
> > I asked my grandpa what he does with dirt.
> > He sez he FARM's it!  :)
> >
> > I kinda do hate the dirt vs asphalt battle. Who cares what you race
> on as
> > long as your racing, period! They each require their own driving
> skills
> > to be fast. They each offer their own unique aspects to racing. But
> if
> > you wanna get down to the nitty gritty, ALL the big boys race on
> asphalt.
> > ALL of them. End Of Story my racing brutha!
Do not forget that in the world of motorsports, rallying is the most
popular (from a spectator count point of view)form with the larger
events drawing millions of spectators. And it is a venue in which VW is
very active - although not at the top level as they do not have a 4wd
turbo model.  ALL the big boys indeed...      :)