Re: hesitation question

> Sounds like a failing transfer pump. (I'm pretty sure the '85s had
> those....??) I had the exact same symptoms in my 86 jetta. Bucking
> only in lower gears...progressively got worse: Replaced plugs,
> seemed to get better for a day. Heh. Replaced filter, got better for
> two days.

This was replaced about 18 months ago by VW under the recall of pump
and filter.  That's not to say it couldn't fail again.  How can it be
tested?  The thought went through my mind that this could be the
prob, as it is acting similar to when I bought it and had the recall
work done.  It's not exactly the same, but similar, that's why I got
a new fuel filter.  I haven't heard the fuel pump buzzing, but then
again haven't really listened for it.

This is the pump located under the rear seat?  Is there a
screen on it that could possibly get clogged and needs cleaning?
Thanks for the help.....
Rick
rsl@kendra.com
Richard.Lackner@entex.com