Re: White Gauge Faces

>>Benton Yoshida wrote:
>
>> Are the white gauge faces easier to read or are they a fashion item?
>Just
>> wondering, benton------
>
>ANSWER) Yes they are easier to read.
>This is why white backgrounds are used in most windows programs.
>The letters, in black, look bigger. A white gauge is easier found on a
>black dash too.
>As with all race stuff it becoms fashion to the want to be racer.

	I agree that the white faces appear to be easier to read--I just
saw the McLaren F1 road test in R&T and the car's white gauges look very
legible but then why have most automobile instruments had black faces?  An
evil tradition that no one decided to challenge or to reduce glare?  When
volks change their gauge faces, do they also change the needles?  A white
needle on a white face can't be the best for legibility.

	Thanks to el nino, I've been having to use my wiper.  Recently when
I stopped my car the blade stopped in the vertical position.  Is this
what's known as "DTM-style"?  What's the advantage of this other than to
make the view out of your Scirocco look like that from an old bus?  I found
it to be distracting as fudge (is this a family mailing list?)

list curmudgeon, benton-------