Re: While we're on the subject:

At 01:39 12/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey there,
>	While we're on the subject of slipping belts and stuff, I might as well ask.
>	My power steering belt seems to be slipping lately (more than usual).  I
>usually get some slippage when it's wet out.  But lately, in the dry, it'll
>squeal a bit and slip intermittently.  The belt is new, and it's tight, and
>there's enough power steering fluid.  Any possible solutions?
>		Thanks
>			Jay

Glazed pulleys? The belt itself might be glazed. Use some fine sandpaper on
the belt grooves to make them 'matte' finished, and possibly try a new belt.
If the belt was left to squeal (too loose) for a long time, this can happen.

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (Katy's car now)
'58 Ghia Convert