Re: Wierd problem and Turbo Question. . .?

>      Now my second question about the turbo is can I runn light boost and
>keep my pressuer at 11.5 or do I need to lower it a bit. . .and can I just do
>it with a thicker head gasket. . ?  And how much boost does a turbo out of a
>turbo deisal put out. .?
>And what woulld I need for engine manegment . . or adjustable fuel pressure
>regulators. . well Um I'm not sure what else to ask cause I'm some what
>clueless on turbo systems  .. .or at least doing one at home. .
>  Thanks for your help Guys and Gals. . .
>     ~Danny~
>   88 16v Tornado red . . .it just keeps going. . !

	The January 1998 issue of SCC (you know, the one that has "display
until 12/08/97" on the cover, huh?) has an article on an Accord running
10:1 and with 15-psi of boost generates 250hp on 92 octane.  Supposedly
part of the trick is a custom exhaust pulse tuned header.  Extra fuel was
provided by an upgraded Bosch fuel pump and a Cartech fuel pressure
regulator.  Ignition was replaced with Crane and MSD items.  The article
mentions a bunch of stuff that I don't understand but everything was
allegedly done on an "engineering student's budget" whatever that means.
The shop that did the work is Automotive Engine Breathing Systems
(619-444-9840).  I have no connection with this shop.  They may be another
Hanley (?) Motors AFAIK.   I'm just listing the phone number in case you
want to call them up to ask questions.

*** enter Scirocco-L time machine and punch in "a few months ago"

	Swervedriver's album, "Raise" has some great driving tunes on it
(though some of you won't like the title of the best song on the album).  I
just dug out Bailter Space's "Robot World" disc and remembered what a
gluteus-kicking driving song, "Get Lost" is.  Personally, I like early Bolt
Thrower or Monde Bruits for driving but I seriously doubt any of you would
like the latter.  Or surprise me.   benton--------