well cab is running good but....help

1987 1.8L 8v (JH solid lifter) Cabriolet Auto
I cant find a rabbit/cabriolet to post this drivel to, and since my
Cab car is a cousin to the Scirocco, I feel the need to share and
be enlightened.

First things, I just finished swapping the t-body out with a 1992
Passat 2.0L 16v one. I did over 3 hours of dremelling to port-match
the intake manifold, and I didn't even do a great job, just one to
get the pieces matched up. Near the back (primary opening) I had to
dremmel out almost 1/2 that opening from the t-body, and got awfully
thin in one spot im thinking. really would have been nice if I had
time to remove the manifold, but I had a hard enought time with
removing the t-body, stripped the front lower allen bolt, had to
drill/disc cut the head off (first time). Then I realized a few
things....the new t-body has an electronic idle sensor switch, and no
idle screw. the orig t-body was opposite. I now have no way of
setting the idle. do I? the hose that is part of the carbon-canister
vapor recovery system that attaches onto the back of the orig t-body
is now located on the front of the new one, it was the only open hole
in the t-body so I figured it would work. it bolted right up(using
the passat t-body screws) Now..POWER PIPE, umm I mean 3" PVC
from HomeDepot. I bought like 10" and used 13in or so. this baby is
humongous! I had to run all the flex couplings under hot water to get
them to stretch over the 3" tube but they fit over nice and snug.
Also had to stretch the t-body boot over the new t-body as it is a
little larger entry than the stock one. I also had to stick that same
piece under a hairdryer for like 15min and continually stretch the
back flexed part out so it would make a 30deg bend. Also had to ditch
the spring-throttle cable gizmo, cut the metal post off so just the
nub at the end of the wire was left, which hooked in perfectly to the
new t-body cable securer. also had to remove like 3" of the cable
shield to give it slack to make up for the post i cut off, and had to
rig the cable tensioned to get the perfect setting. I'll have pics
soon as I can find the darn camera. O hyeah also had to bend the
metal pipe that goes into the boot just before the t-body a bit so it
would line up with the different t-body..the passat one is a little
shorter I believe, or I just had to stretch the boot  out a lot.

Now a few questions. there was a metal screen between my pressure
plate and the boot ontop..is this liek a double-filter? Also whi is
that boot dipped down in the middle? my 16v one isnt! is it to create
turbulance? looks like a big uvula (worthless flow restrictor) to me.

After doing these 2 things the car ran great! untillI filled her up
and on the way home hit the brakes..car died..car died again like 5
times in 3 blocks. pulled her in and can hear a nasty noise from what
seems to be the fuel distributor (airbox) location. do I have a fuel
pump there? Augh this sucks.

hrm also i got a few smal metal shavings down the manifold..wont hurt
anythign right? Also umm, I don't have the full throttle switch
hooked up yet because of a lack of mounting bracket, car will stiff
run fine w/o the full throttle switch not being engaged if I floor
it, right? I thought it jut dumped a little more fuel in under full
throttle right? or did I do something bad flooring the car w/o the
switch activating?

thanks

Ryan