Re: Y'know what I saw that was funny?

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 13:55:04 -0400 Dan Wolfson <wolf@gate.net> writes:
>I have to say that this is becoming a bit of a VW snob thread.
>I think VWs are great and all but I don't think that they are
>exclusive enough to give us the right to put down other
>people's non-VW project cars.
>
>I commend anybody who takes a little initiative to fix
>up their stock car and make something a little different
>out of it, be it a Ford Festiva or a dodge omni.

You should expect that from them college boy Boulderites!
Sitting around drinking their micro brew beer and laughing at all the
OTHER cars. : )

BUT, at the same time, I get the feeling that if we were to see it
ourselves that we would probably laugh too. I too commend anybody who
partakes on making something unique out of an otherwise boring commuter
car. Making a trip to Pepboys and buying every reflector, chrome wheel
arch tape and stick on graphics doesn't really fall into the category of
enthusiast to me. I myself laugh at these type of cars.
Just yesterday I drove out of my driveway to see a kid physically cutting
springs with a hacksaw! (They were for his honda Civic.) I had to stop
and laugh at him and tell him, "no no, bad boy. that's not how to do
that". There are some awfully gaudy cars on the road without even having
to compare them to any VW (And some of them ARE VW's!) and I think that
laughing at them or making fun of them is not snobbish at all.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and