Re: Question on fog lights

>In Europe, you'd be fined if you had your
>fogs on in normal conditions.

And a lot of pissed off people behind you flashing
their high beams at you.  ;-)

>So far noone has come up with a setup
>for having seperate on/off fogs.

I don't know how it was wired, but the 89 Scirocco
I had in Germany had it's own switch for the rear
fog light...it was underneath the hazard switch
where most US Sciroccos have an empty spot.  Does
any one have factory fogs in front?  Just wondering...
I have a friend who had an 85 a couple years ago
with factory fogs and the switch was in the same
spot I mentioned above.  In Germany, they work
together...you hit the switch, and the front and
rear fogs come on.

BTW, I checked out an 81 Scirocco the other day.  I
really want a Scirocco again.  But anyway, this thing
was trashed!  I go there and find it's an 82 because
it was a MKII (sucked because I want a MKI), huge dent
behind the passenger door, blower was inop, seat off
the track (bolt missing in front), oil light flashing
(wasn't buzzing, just flashing), rear shelf missing,
blah blah...I could go on and on.  He wanted 995 firm
for it.  After I was pointed all that was wrong with it,
he said well, ok...600.  Still don't know if it worth
that much.  It seemed to run ok, just idled high.  I
don't think I'll be getting a Rocco any time soon...
this area sucks for older VWs.  They're all trashed.
But anyway, I'll shut up now...

-Mike
95 GTI VR6
92 GTI 16V