Re: Question on fog lights

Joshua D Johnson wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 19:37:54 -0500 (CDT) Ilias Glavinas
> <eg1@ee.wustl.edu> writes:
> >..
> >So far one person has told me that if I get the Euro dimmer
> >switch, then that has an extra switch position for the fog lights.
> >He also told me that if I am lucky, everything should already be
> >wired. What this means is that once I get ahold of a Euro switch and
> >place lamps at the fog-light slots on the rear light assemblies, I
> >should be set.
> >
> >Can anyone confirm/deny the above? Has anyone installed fog lights?
> >
> I have an 88 16v and have installed the rear fog-lights buy just
> cutting out holes in the back of the rear light panel and put bulbs
> in the empty socket and with no extra wiring it works already with the
> stock american switch and comes on with the regular tail lights.
>
> Joshua
> 88 16v
I had asked the same question as Ilias a couple of weeks ago and got
the same response that Joshua gave from many different sources.
However, I think what Ilias is looking for is info on how to wire up
the rear fog lights so that you can switch it on/off seperate of the
regular tail lights. Remember, fog lights should not be used all the
time at
night (unless you really want to keep someone off your tail), only when
the conditions demand it. In Europe, you'd be fined if you had your
fogs on in normal conditions. So far noone has come up with a setup
for having seperate on/off fogs.

Maybe some European list member (Jeremy?) can tell us how they operate
their rear Fogs: Through the dimmer switch or through a seperate
fog-light
switch? Don't Corrados have two settings on their fog light switches?
Is one setting for the rear-fogs?

---
K.B.
'88 16v