Re: Question on fog lights

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 19:37:54 -0500 (CDT) Ilias Glavinas
<eg1@ee.wustl.edu> writes:

>Having recently gone to Europe, I managed to buy 16V taillights for my
>
>'85 (not as cheap as I expected, about $220 for both), and since the
>fog-light holes are there, I am thinking of installing fog lights.
>
>So far one person has told me that if I get the Euro dimmer switch,
>then
>that has an extra switch position for the fog lights. He also told me
>that if I am lucky, everything should already be wired. What this
>means
>is that once I get ahold of a Euro switch and place lamps at the
>fog-light slots on the rear light assemblies, I should be set.
>
>Can anyone confirm/deny the above? Has anyone installed fog lights?

I have an 88 16v and have installed the rear fog-lights buy just cutting
out holes in the back of the rear light panel and put bulbs in the empty
socket and with no extra wiring it works already with the stock american
switch and comes on with the regular tail lights.

Joshua
88 16v