Re: rough idling

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:39:54 -0500 "Wayne Cressman"
<holymac@holymackerel.com> writes:
>Speriod Duncan wrote

>> noticed a huge rip on one of my boots, not the CV'c but the one's
>> connected to the transmission on the passanger side.  might it be
>the
>> fault of the mech........  it was fine when i check them this
>morn.....
>> when the mech does the clutch job, do they have to take out that
>joint
>????

check the boot replaced soon! if not you will wear out your inner CV and
that is no fun.  Mine went out just recently because I didn't replace the
boot soon enough and when I took it in to get it fixed all they could do
was rebuild the axle (CVs).  DO NOT ever use rebuilt CVs if you are an
agressive driver...they suck!(the CVs).  After a little over a month mine
is going bad already.  The parts have a lifetime warranty and I'm not
worried about that but it's a pain in the butt to have to take it back to
get it fixed again. What I'm thinking about doing is ordering a new inner
CV and having them replace it instead of having them try to fix it again.

Joshua
88 16v