Re: AMPS AMPS AMPS

>weak altinators? Anyone know where i can get mine rewound or buy another at
>a higher output? Any tricks on how insure you have the best output you can
>get?

As far as the alternator goes, the easiest upgrade AFAIK is to go with one
from an 8v with A/C.  For the 16v cars the difference is 65A vs 90A, not
sure if the alternators on 8v cars are rated the same.  As far as
connections go I would run 4 gauge from the battery back to the trunk, but
you've probably already got that.  If you're going to put the battery back
there too, IMO you should run 2 guage back up to the starter and make sure
it's fused.  I had my battery in the trunk for a time last year and the 4
guage I used didn't hack it under some circumstances - the engine would not
turn over if the starter was hot, for example.

good luck!