Re: AMPS AMPS AMPS

At 10:28 8/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>	I am running a 4X100 Presicion Power Power class amp and i can not seam to
>generate the required amperage to power the unit. Are sciroccos know for
>weak altinators? Anyone know where i can get mine rewound or buy another at
>a higher output? Any tricks on how insure you have the best output you can
>get?

There are bigger alternators available. Anybody?

>P.s. I am running a desiel battery capable of giving 1200 cranking amp
>bursts and also have a 1F cap across my amp.
>Mike Weiler

Is the 1F cap for noise or better power from the amp? If you are trying to
kill noise, you should also attach a couple smaller caps (1 microfarad and
.01 microfarad) to bypass the high frequency noise. The 1 F cap is very slow
to respond (lots of internal impedance at high frequency).

As far as having the alternator run the stereo - beware of listening at idle
for prolonged times, or you will drain even that monster battery. The alt.
only cuts in above 1200 RPM with any real output.

I would run super heavy wires from the battery to the amp first. If you
relocate the battery next to the amp, even better - and it helps weight
distribution too!

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (new paint!)