Re: AMPS AMPS AMPS

>	I am running a 4X100 Presicion Power Power class amp and i can not seam to
>generate the required amperage to power the unit. Are sciroccos know for
>weak altinators? Anyone know where i can get mine rewound or buy another at
>a higher output? Any tricks on how insure you have the best output you can
>get?
>
>P.s. I am running a desiel battery capable of giving 1200 cranking amp
>bursts and also have a 1F cap across my amp.
>Mike Weiler
Bad grounds are the main source of inadequate power. Make sure the
alternator, the battery, and of course your amp are very well grounded. In
addition, even the little 65A alts. can produce the required power for your
amp. 180A output amps are available from Phoenix Gold, I think they cost
upwards of $500.00 though.

BTW, how do you know you cannot generate enough power to power the unit?
Check your gain settings on your preamp and amplifier first, b4 buying a
new alt. Also, VWs are known for bad main grounds. Get the ground kit from
New Dimensions. Well worth it if you're competing.

Regards,
Paul Hanley