Small new problems

Okay here are my newest problems in my 87 16v after i have: put a manual
cluch cable on changed timing belt and all the stuff that goes with that..
My newest problem is odd
First i must say that i fixed my AC by hto wiring it to the fan.... i did
it in a way though so it wont damage the compressor....  I think i need a
diode so the power does not go backwards at all... Thats what the mechanic
said...
But now my car when i start it will idle all over the place if the fan is
not on and i dont mean by the control in the car... it will idle at 1100
then drop to like 6-700 then go up and down.. this is my oxy mixture isnt
it?? next the car overheats easily without the ac on.. and the fan is
going on and i have a 170 degress therstat in it.... itook the grill off
no help... i pulled the fuse i put in my ac wiring no help.... i flushed
the radiator no help...
CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!

Thanx in advance
Jeff