Re: Cooling Talk.......

At 08:47 AM 8/24/97, Ken Buck wrote:

>It suprises me how many of you are sacrificing radiator longevity for
>a cooler look.  Isn't a Scirocco cool enough for you guys?

Some cars come from the factory with nearly open grills. Ford pickups come
to mind.

>The BEST way I've found to keep a VW engine cool is Amsoil 20-50
>synthetic racing oil.  Yea it is about $7 a quart, but it instantly
>dropped 15 degrees out of my racing engines!!!!  And this is way
>cheaper then buying a new radiator every couple of months.
>
>I've used Mobil 1, Syntec, Duroblend, and the Amsiol is worth every
>penny.

Amsoil is not approved by the API. Amsoil has also said that it often
changes it's formulation with no notice to buyers. I prefer the certified
performance of a name brand product.

__
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the
one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.
__