Re: Circle Track Domination

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 08:43:30 4 "Ken Buck" <phillyscca@enter.net> writes:
>Please remember, dirts for racing, asphalts just to get you there.
>(please remember, autocrossing isn't "racing" as it is not
>wheel-to-wheel.  Isn't that right Mr. Insurance Dude?)

Im sure this is a private little tiff but, being me, I gotta get in it as
well. :)
Last time I saw, dirt was for farming. So, that's where I stand on that.
What's this? Autox "ISN'T" racing? Big nads saying that here! Bigguns!

>Last Friday I placed 8th out of 27 cars with a flat left front tire!
>My team mate, the track series points leader was taken out on the
>second lap when a Saab cut him off and cut down two of his tires.

Oh that aint nothing!! 8th? you shoulda at least finished 2nd or third!
Im not impressed.  :)

(Then this is where I say, "OH YEAH")
Oh yeah? Well I just finished a full racing weekend where I drove for 2
hours for a night racing event and my run group didn't even start until
3:am! We raced at the San Bernadino Sheriffs Emergency Vehicle Proving
grounds on the oval (At Devore, CA). Autox ISN'T soposed to be high 3rd
gear but this one was. Anyways, there was no less than 4 Scirocco's
running (3 MK-II's and one MK-I) on that fast fun track. After my first
run the car wouldn't idle anymore. I had been adjusting the idle on it to
keep it running but it kept getting worse and worse. It ran strong for me
on the track, it was that post runs getting the time slips is when it
would shut off. Even tho we finished our run group at 4:30am it was well
worth it to drive on that long, fast course. Oh yeah, I won my very first
DSP race! So now I can retire from Autox. (No Tom Berry or Randy Walters
so I had a fair shot at a trophy!) I'll definitely be going next year as
well! Awsome site to race at.
Then a changed tires and loaded up the car for 2 hour  trip back (Even
tho it only took me 1 1/2 hours to make it back) to San Diego where I had
to again change tires and run in the third run group. The car was still
running like crap but again, ran fine on the course. I think I finished
6th of 7 cars! Its hard to be a good driver when you've been up for 28+
hours. Next year I will definitely plan a nap or two to aviod that little
problem.

When I got home I noticed my crankcase pulley has a wobble. The potterman
suspects my timming gear on the crank might have worn the key loose. Im
hoping the crank is fine and the problem is only in the gear. (I have a
spare)

So there!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi    DSP 30
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego, Orange And Devore!!!!