Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:31:10 -0500 "Wayne Cressman"
<holymac@holymackerel.com> writes:
>The number 4 cylinder on my '86 VW Scirocco is sparking but not
>firing. I've pulled the plug and it's clean, suggesting that no fuel is
>getting into the cylinder.  My Bentley Manual tells me I can just pull
the
>injector out of its O-Ring to test it for fuel passing through, but I
can't
>pull the injector out.  Anyone have any tips here?

The "PROPER" way is to use the special puller tool. I don't have the tool
and have used successfully a large set of adjustable pliers (Channel
locks) and a rag. Lay the rag on the valve cover (So you don't
ding/scratch it) and use the pliers to get a grip on the injector (not
the fuel hose) and gently pry up. It will pop out. Repeat on the rest.
Worked fine for me with no damage to the fuel system or more importantly,
valve cover!
Removing the old o-rings is easiest done with a razor blade. slice,
buh-bye. don't forget to soak the new o-rings in fuel like the book sez
to do and install. (I always forget to soak them, I just install.)
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and