Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors

At 01:31 PM 8/24/97 -0500, Wayne Cressman wrote:
>The number 4 cylinder on my '86 VW Scirocco is sparking but not firing.
>I've pulled the plug and it's clean, suggesting that no fuel is getting
>into the cylinder.  My Bentley Manual tells me I can just pull the injector
>out of its O-Ring to test it for fuel passing through, but I can't pull the
>injector out.  Anyone have any tips here?

You will need the "special" injector puller if the job is to be done w/o
alot of swearing. In addition, you wll need a very beefy flat head
screwdriver. I did my injectors last week, they all came out with a little
force. All were now plastic.

To test if one is not working, you should pull all of them and aim them
into a canister, and have a friend jump the fuel pump relay. At this point,
they will spray.

Regards,
Paul Hanley