Re: general whel question

joshua14@juno.com wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 01:38:13 -0400 Kevin McGrath <kevin@pelican.net>
> writes:
>
> >On another note what was the deal with the mini-book EC had in this
> >issue for guns? WTF? I thought I was reading soldier of fortune or
> >something????    I am almost ready to cancel my EC subscription since
> >they leave out "the personals" and the VW content (the reason I
> >subscribed) is very very weak lately.
>
> You're right about that it was a very odd thing to do.  I'm sure that
> they got paid a $um of money to put it in there...the reason all good
> things go to crap.  Also, I had noticed along with you that EC has been
> having less and less VW's however they did have a good article on the
> Corrado in the Oct. issue.  It seems funny at how little of VW stuff they
> have now seeing that I heard they started out as a VW Porsche mag.

On page 161 of EC there is an advertisement for some new magazine
they're putting out called "VW Power"...available on newstands Sept. 9
at the top of the advertisement it says "the best of European Car".
Is this just one special issue or a new monthly magazine all together.
If it is monthly than EC has redeemed itself in my eye's.
Does anybody have anymore info on this?

Brian
88 Scirocco 16V
91 GTI 8V