Re: general wheel question

>On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 01:38:13 -0400 Kevin McGrath <kevin@pelican.net>
>writes:
>
>>On another note what was the deal with the mini-book EC had in this
>>issue for guns? WTF? I thought I was reading soldier of fortune or
>>something????    I am almost ready to cancel my EC subscription since
>>they leave out "the personals" and the VW content (the reason I
>>subscribed) is very very weak lately.

I think that's called a "Major Advertiser".
I first saw that in SCC about a month ago and I thought it was a legit
article (I didn't read it) that SCC had done, for some wierd reason. I
thought at the time, yeah, I can see the L.A. Honda gangbanger crowd
gettin off on this. Cars AND guns, their 2 most favorite things in the
world!
I think they should put in big bold print, "ADVERTISEMENT" so we can skip
these pages and get onto the good stuff! :)

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 08:04:11 -0400 joshua14@juno.com writes:

>You're right about that it was a very odd thing to do.  I'm sure that
>they got paid a $um of money to put it in there...the reason all good
>things go to crap.  Also, I had noticed along with you that EC has
>been having less and less VW's however they did have a good article on
>the Corrado in the Oct. issue.  It seems funny at how little of VW
>stuff they have now seeing that I heard they started out as a VW
>Porsche mag.
>Joshua
>88 16v

Hey, check out SCC's Oct issue! There's a nice little 83-84 GTi article
and a nice little DTM A3 Jetta. Maybe its just that im surprised to see
them in there but still, they're there!
There's also some "Battle of the Imports" info there (16.99@78.81 Corrado
is the fastest VW. That sucks!) Don't forget the Super Touring Racing
action article. Some pretty cool stuff. Unlike the Oct issue of EC, uhm,
the cover is, "Monza - Beautiful and Deadly". What??? Look, if I want
history info, I will go to the library, thank you. There is, however 3
Corrado articles. Nothing impressive in my view. I dunno man, it just
seems like EC is lost in sucky land and SCC is emerging as able to come
through with some interesting info. Kinda like EC used to do....

.......END GRIPE.

Oh, BTW, for those who haven't seen it, my web page is still up and
running! (Even tho my account is closed) Its at the end of my sig if your
interested..

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and