More Parts Place Flames

        I too have dealt with them, as they were convienent as I am in Ohio and
they are in Michigan.  I was usually able to get parts the next day via UPS.  At
one time they had 1 guy who knew his stuff Kevin.  Kevin left though. Here is 1
of my stories;

My wife went to run an errand in a Scirocco we had, and well the hood was not
closed, and bam hood flew up.  Only damage to hood/hinges/cowling.  My insurance
company wanted to give me this piece of shit used hood for $200+ dollars.  I
said I wanted a new hood.  Anyways PP had NEW hoods (aftermarket, but stamped
from old VW presses) for $2?? dollars.  I convinced the insurance company to let
me go this route and they agreed.  So I got the hood.  All looked well.  The
body shop (one I've worked with and does excellent work) painted the underside
and then went to fit it on the car....BUT.....(VW sells the presses to the
aftermarket after a given wear period)  it did not quite line up properly with
the fenders.  With the hood closed the gap from fender to hood was about 10mm,
actuallly looked like the hood was ajar even though it was latched.  Bowed would
be a good description of the problem.  I confronted PP about the problem and the
owners response was "When VW builds the car ""they fit the fenders to the hood""
and no two cars are the same"  Bullshit!  Most VW's including Rabbits we
robotically assisted / assembled.  It was a simple matter of the press the
aftermarket hood was stamped from was beyond its service life.  PP offered me no
satisfaction in resolving the problem.  The pro's at the body shop were able to
patch things together in the end, but it was still not to my liking.

Next, I have had to ship back more mis-shipped products then good ones I
received even though I read their part numbers to them.

Finally, they are high priced compared to other sources I have discovered.

-Paul
--Current
87 Scirocco 16v
87 Jetta GLi