Re: AC Compressor

On  6 Aug 97 at 0:53, SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> Once you remove the belt from the A/C all you do is remove the 4
> little bolts and the clutch assy should come right off. (Disconnect
> the wire too.)

You mean no puller is needed for these?  That would be too good to be
true.

> First and foremost, I never respond to E-mail spam other to add
> REMOVE to it. Its the only way to defeat it is not buy into it. Id
> check into them before proceeding if your really interested. There's
> too many get rich schemes and "easy ways" being sold as non-fiction
> when its all fiction.

Well, they give a website to check out so I'll have a gander at it.

> Yah, tell me about it! 109 degrees here in San Diego today and at
> 9:15PM the temp gauge in my MFA said its 97 degrees! That sucks, im
> just glad all my cars have A/C including my house! I only sweated
> once today and im not gonna say why. :)

We'll just leave that one go :)

> Hey, Rick, I have a compressor from an 82 Rabbit I once had and the
> clutch is still good if you want it, I can bring it with me to SF.
> We can install it there!  HAHAHA!!!! Anyways, its yours if you want
> it.

I was under the impression that there are 2 different compressors
they use on these things.  I'm wondering if this is the case and if
yours and mine would be the same?  I just went out to pop the hood
and the f*****g cable broke.  It's late and I don't feel like dicking
with it, so I'll look at my compressor tomorrow if I get the chance.

BTW, I'm thinking I won't make SF after all.  With the axle, water
pump and god knows what else will break till then, I figure I should
stay home and try to get the rocco in shape.  Hopefully there this
will become an annual thing and I'll make it next year.  I really
wanted to get there, but it's just not working out this year.

There is an event this weekend at PIR in Portland I'm thinking of
going to if I can find directions on how to get there.  Anyone else
thinking about this one?  Andre?  Riley?

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg