Re: AC Compressor

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997 20:41:50 +0800 "Rick Lackner"
<hugacub@mail.whidbey.net> writes:
>Speaking of compressors, has anyone replaced the clutch on their A/C
>compressor?  Years ago I had done this on a few (mostly GM A6)
>compressors.  I'm wondering if a clutch is available for our cars.
>The old Bentley only only addresses replacing the whole unit.  I
>figure that if I can replace the clutch I won't have to discharge the
>system and worry about the freon conversion.  It could use a little
>topping off but I have a charging hose (if I can find it, haven't
>used it in years).

Once you remove the belt from the A/C all you do is remove the 4 little
bolts and the clutch assy should come right off. (Disconnect the wire
too.)

>Anyone else get this spam?  It may be the first worthwhile
>spam I ever got if it's on the up and up.  It sure would be the
>cheapest way to get the A/C going, if I can find a clutch.  If I have
>to replace the compressor I'll have to replace the dryer and might as
>well convert it over to R-134 (?).

First and foremost, I never respond to E-mail spam other to add REMOVE to
it. Its the only way to defeat it is not buy into it.
Id check into them before proceeding if your really interested. There's
too many get rich schemes and "easy ways" being sold as non-fiction when
its all fiction.

>If anyone has any thoughts on any of this I'd appreciate your input.
>It sucks having a black car when it's so sunny out with no A/C.

Yah, tell me about it! 109 degrees here in San Diego today and at 9:15PM
the temp gauge in my MFA said its 97 degrees! That sucks, im just glad
all my cars have A/C including my house! I only sweated once today and im
not gonna say why. :)

Hey, Rick, I have a compressor from an 82 Rabbit I once had and the
clutch is still good if you want it, I can bring it with me to SF. We can
install it there!  HAHAHA!!!!
Anyways, its yours if you want it.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi