Re: Gas Mileage and burning Oil problem......

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:24:05 -0500 (CDT) Christopher Mende
<csmende@iastate.edu> writes:
>I just got an owner's manual (useless, just about) from the VW dealer
>and it says my tank capacity is 10.3gallons, but I've put in up to 11.7!
>number of times.

Hmm, the info I have on my 82 says I have an 11 gallon tank. So they did
make larger size tanks huh? Interesting, id love to put a larger tank in
my car for those long trips. (Im sure I cant tho for whatever reason....

>Also, I've been looking to see if my '84 has points, or the electronic
>conversion. There is a 4-wire plug which runs to a cylindrical unit
>with the Bosch written on it bolted to the firewall.  Is this the
>conversion?

I have no idea but if you take off the distributor cap, you will either
see the elect. ign. or points. That's probably the easiest way to find
out. The only thing I can think that the "cylindrical unit
with the Bosch written on it bolted to the firewall" could be is the

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and