AC leaking ????

  I noticed recently that probably my AC unit is leaking internally....
 I notice a little dampness on the drivers side floor mat..
  Any idea of how big or little a problem this could be ????
 Also, rather than just get that fixed (whatever the problem is), I was
 considering just getting my entire AC system changed over to the new Freon
 this is currently in use.
  Any ideas on the pro's and con's of the new Freon or system changeover ???