Re: Howzit feel?

On Tue, 05 Aug 1997 23:45:05 -0400 Kevin McGrath <kevin@pelican.net>
writes:
>There is a BIG difference between the power steering cars and
>non-power steering cars. My Rabbit GTI and my '87 Scirocco are worlds
apart.
>Personally I like the no power assisted rack and pinion.
>
>Except in parking lots. :-)

My GLi has P/S, my Scirocco doesnt. I think im getting old, but I do
prefer the P/S on the GLi for the most part. I havent autoxed it yet to
see how good or bad the feel is when racing with it but for all the
driving I do with it, especially around town, I really like the feel of
it. There is still good feedback from the road and tires but it isnt
nearly as sensative like my Scirocco steering is. (Which tells me
everything about the road including WHO paved it! :) J/K

The Potterman just put P/S from a cabby into his 80 Scirocco "S" and he
swears by it. So, really its to each his own.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and