Re: Howzit feel?

> Is there much difference in steering feel between the non- and power
> assisted VW  steering?  I'm pretty insensitive and haven't driven many
> cars, but how good is the steering feel of Scirocco's compared to other
> cars?  I distinctly remember when I got my '81 S in '87 that it felt much
> sharper than my previous car, a '74 Mustang II with horribly overboosted
> and numb steering but I'm guessing that cars have come a long way in the
> past quarter century.  Thx, benton-------

  Having owned a non PS 8V Scirocco II, and now owning a 16V with PS, I
prefer the non PS. Its a little more effort to park, but its not that bad.
The PS really seems to me to take away alot of the feedback I used to get
from the steering. I don't know if never VWs are better, but I'd just as
soon not have it. I test drove a Talon a year or two back that had variable
assist PS, and it was great. The only time it felt like there was any sort
of PS was when you were going very slow. At highway speeds, I couldn't feel
any assist at all. I wish there were a simple way to retrofit a system like
this...

Brad