Re: Primer sanding

> I have embarked on a small body job project and have a question. Should I
>  wet sand or dry sand the primer? Also, what grade of sandpaper should I
>  use? I currently have 280, 400, and 600, and would like to prevent
damaging
>  the surrounding surface.

It really depends on the nature of your project, but start with the 280 dry
and work down to the 400 and finish with the 600, both used wet. You might
even want to pick up something around 180 to start with.

I'm currently doing a paint-complete on a friend's 86 Mustang GT which has
involved some moderate-to-light body work. I've used 80 grit to start on any
fresh filler and started with 100 on some areas of primer-filler. On
primer-filler I'll start usually with 180, then 280, then 600 wet. Then a
primer-sealer, wet-sand with 600 again, shoot the color, the clear, then
color sand with 1500, then buff. Should look good, I hope. Good luck on your
project!

Todd Cameron.