Re: Gas Mileage and burning Oil problem......

On  5 Aug 97 at 14:54, SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> 12 Galons?? I thought we had 11 galon tanks? The most ive ever
> pumped into my car was 10.2 galons. (Obviously not completely
> empty.) Well, except for the AM-PM a few weeks ago where somehow I
> pumped 14 gallons into my car and I had a little over 1/4 tank when

My 85 has a 14 gallon tank, FWIW.
I'm getting @ 30mpg ever since replacing the timing belt.  I know the
timing's a bit advanced yet, one of these days I'll set it back :)
I was getting 32-35mpg before the belt broke.  Just a little
something to give Etop a frame of reference.  He never did say how
many tanks of gas since his problem started.........

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg