Re: Gas Mileage and burning Oil problem......

> > 12 Galons?? I thought we had 11 galon tanks? The most ive ever
> > pumped into my car was 10.2 galons. (Obviously not completely
> > empty.) Well, except for the AM-PM a few weeks ago where somehow I
> > pumped 14 gallons into my car and I had a little over 1/4 tank when
>
> My 85 has a 14 gallon tank, FWIW.
> I'm getting @ 30mpg ever since replacing the timing belt.  I know the
> timing's a bit advanced yet, one of these days I'll set it back :)
> I was getting 32-35mpg before the belt broke.  Just a little
> something to give Etop a frame of reference.  He never did say how
> many tanks of gas since his problem started.........

 same 12 gallons, but I would rarely ever "top it off" since the mileage
I was getting was so good.....
 so let's say 10 to 11 gallons before "top off".....
My guess from all the discussion thus far would indicate that my fuel
injectors must have been pretty dirty and clogged up since the car had no
"pickup" or "power" either at the time, but great gas mileage.....