Scirocco one

skerocdriver@juno.com (SHAWN C MEZE) writes:
> The 79 does have the
>older front fender with the turn signal doesnt it? I prefer that
>to the newer MK-I fenders/signals. (Or was that a 78?)

The 75-77 models had the flat front turn lens and steel bumpers. The
did have a Special Edition in 77 and it had checkerboard sport seats
and some other things I can't remember. In 78 the Scirocco's came
with wrap around turn signals as well as plastic bumpers (well
covers) and the first dash with out wood grain or silver inserts. The
S model or maybe it was called Sidewinder got the special dash as
well as a front spoiler, sport seats, oil pan shield, and other trim
stuff and fancy stripes. Also had the back hatch area around the
window all black (decal). As far as performance there was no
difference as they even went down in size to a 1.5 liter with a cast
crankshaft. Then in 79 they went back to a 1.6 with a forged crank.
I guess I should write a FAQ on the early Scirocco's as this is one
area I remember quite a bit on. Well I probably forgot a few things
Oh just remembered the 78 got the combination rear/front wiper switch
as the 75-77 had a separate switch on the dash.(underside).
Sorry as this stuff brought back memories.
Tim (78 Turbo Scirocco)

turbotim@newdimensions.com
http://www.newdimensions.com