Re: Gas Mileage and burning Oil problem......

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997 22:55:55 -0700 (PDT) Etop Udoh <eudoh@crl.com> writes:

> average fill-up is about 12 gallons of gas and that last me about 3
>to 4 days.....at around 300 miles on that tank - give or take a few....
> I do a lot more driving but I remember getting closer to 400 to 500
>miles on a tank of gas per fill-up in the past, but the car ran like a
>crippled animal then.

12 Galons?? I thought we had 11 galon tanks? The most ive ever pumped
into my car was 10.2 galons. (Obviously not completely empty.) Well,
except for the AM-PM a few weeks ago where somehow I pumped 14 gallons
into my car and I had a little over 1/4 tank when I started. Go figure.
I dunno, I kinda think your figures might be off a bit. Your car, in
theory, should be getting better fuel economy than before.
The only thing I can think of is poor injector spray pattern or something
to do with dumping raw fuel into the intake system. Hmmmm.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and