Re: Gas Mileage and burning Oil problem......

> > my problem is now a little different.
> >
> >  1.  The oil pan now holds oil, but the car loses or burns about 7 - 8
> >     quarts of oil a month, and the oil pan is not leaking anymore.
>

> Its not leaking oil anywhere else?? Really climb all over the engine to
> find any wet spots. if not, then its an internal problem. (gulp!)

 will do......

> >  2.   After I got a tune up, a new clutch put in, and the fuel
> injectors
> >     cleaned with some of the gas-line additive stuff, I now get barely
> >     barely 300 miles per tank of gas compared to the 400 - 500 that I
> >     used to get before.  No doubt the car runs better and faster, but
> >     what gives with the "Gas Mileage" ??????
>

> Might sound funny but are you on the gas more? (Spirited driving now that
> its running better than before) Have you noticed whether or not your
> doing more in town driving than freeway driving before or are you still
> on the same driving routine?
>
> How many tanks of gas have you burned since all the repairs/tune up?

 average fill-up is about 12 gallons of gas and that last me about 3 to 4
days.....at around 300 miles on that tank - give or take a few....
 I do a lot more driving but I remember getting closer to 400 to 500 miles
on a tank of gas per fill-up in the past, but the car ran like a crippled
animal then.