Re: Gas Mileage and burning Oil problem......

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997 20:15:30 -0700 (PDT) Etop Udoh <eudoh@crl.com> writes:
> my problem is now a little different.
>
>  1.  The oil pan now holds oil, but the car loses or burns about 7 - 8
>     quarts of oil a month, and the oil pan is not leaking anymore.

Its not leaking oil anywhere else?? Really climb all over the engine to
find any wet spots. if not, then its an internal problem. (gulp!)

>  2.   After I got a tune up, a new clutch put in, and the fuel
injectors
>     cleaned with some of the gas-line additive stuff, I now get barely
>     barely 300 miles per tank of gas compared to the 400 - 500 that I
>     used to get before.  No doubt the car runs better and faster, but
>     what gives with the "Gas Mileage" ??????

Might sound funny but are you on the gas more? (Spirited driving now that
its running better than before) Have you noticed whether or not your
doing more in town driving than freeway driving before or are you still
on the same driving routine?

How many tanks of gas have you burned since all the repairs/tune up?

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and