Re: Transm. help?

On Mon, 04 Aug 1997 13:46:36 +0300 Arno Pae <arno@ddbn.ee> writes:
>Hi!
>
>I'm afraid I've blown my syncros. :) Or something.
>When I switch to second and hold down the clutch for a while, it
>slides out. Same with the fourth. It doesn't pop out while driving
though.

Sounds like a rebuild is in order. (At the very least is an internal
repair)

>So my humble questions:
>Whats the problem? Is it the syncro or might it be sth else?
>Can I drive on or should I start the repairing at once (Its my only
>car and
>I NEED it)?

Sounds like Syncros. Could be other parts worn or damages as well. Either
way, its gotta come out to get fixed.
You can drive it for a while just holding it into gear but that gets old
pretty fast. You better find yourself a good VW tranny mechanic. (Unless
your inclined to RR it yourself.) Either that or look around for a used
tranny.
HTH!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi