Fwd: Armor Door plate install

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: Armor Door plate install
Date:    97-04-12 01:53:27 EDT
From:    TCame86712
To:      kdbinney@juno.com

<<
 No way! put them on, the wouldbe thief cant pry the door handle up then
 because they have the hardened steel around the handle.  you would have
 to pull straight out which would require alot of force.

Notice you said two things, here; "can't" and "would require a lot of force".
There-in lies the problem. "A lot of force" translates to "a lot of damage".
"Can't break in withoout causing a lot of damage". I've written estimates and
also done repairs on hundreds of these things, so I can tell you first hand.
If they want in, the door plates will NOT stop them. They'll just guarantee
you huge damage, rather than slight damage.

Now, alarms
 arent very effective,

I disagree here, as well. A properly installed and properly equipped security
system will deter many more thiefs/vandals than 2 cheap pieces of hardened
pot-metal (or steel, or whatever you put on the doors).

I believe that whole discussion took place already.
  If somebody wants to steal a car they are going to, thats the bottom
 line.  If a thief sees the plates, tries and initially unsuccessfule,
 he'll probably just break a window instead.

Or tear a huge hole in your door instead of a poke the size of a screwdriver.

If somebody does a job on
 your handle you'll see it no matter what, the door plates will help to
 deter thieves at least.

Which job would you prefer, a hole the size of a screw driver poke, or the
size of a crowbar rip?

Not to sound harsh, but don't live in a fantasy, you'll be sadly
dissapointed. I hate to see people's cars torn up, especially when it's an
enthusiast's baby!

Todd