Re: Armor Door plate install

<< If a thief sees the plates, tries and initially unsuccessfule,
 he'll probably just break a window instead.  If somebody does a job on
 your handle you'll see it no matter what, the door plates will help to
 deter thieves at least.   >>

Here's a tip that was passed on to me a while ago:  Remove the door
lock-knobs on the inside.  They screw off.  Use the key on the outside to
lock/unlock the doors.  When someone goes to steal your car, and the see the
plates, that might deter them from the handles.  They'll look at the window
to unlock it from the inside.  Then they'll see there's no handle to pull up
to unlock so they'll have to slide thru the window over broken glass.  No
thank you, he'll say.

But then again, i've seen people get into VW's with a slim-jim and 5 seconds
of their time.  Door lock knobs and metal door plates can't help that.  If
you can stop all 3 possibilities, I'd say you're good...

CT