Re: Mufflers for 16V

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Ilias Glavinas wrote:

> about it not being 100% stainless or something about the quality of the
> procedure to make it stainless, I am not sure, this was relayed to me by
> someone who reads the group. Any thoughts on that? I mean, clearly, no
> stainless steel system will last 100% against rust, but some of the
> stories had TT systems collecting rust after almost a year.

I've been following that discussion and it makes me wonder about those TT
systems.  They say T304 in the ads, don't they?  Whatever it is, it's not
as good as the stainless VW used in the OE exhaust for our 16Vs.  My car
is still wearing the stock system and there's only very faint surface rust
on the tubing.

As for the Ultra-Flo mufflers that TT uses with those systems, I've not
heard good things about them either.  That polished case is thin guage, 18
or 20 I think.  And the filler is apparently crap.  This comes from a
Dynomax dealer who has sold many many Ultra-Flos in the past few years....

> ps: yes, I know they have a lifetime warranty, but still it is

Lifetime warranty doesn't mean the system will last a lifetime....

----
"Doin it to you in 3D, so groovy that I dig me."
 			-George Clinton