Re: Mufflers for 16V

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 20:59:58 -0700 VW Nut <scirocco@speed-racer.com> wrote:

> Anyone have some advice on a DECENT (durable and on
> par performance-wise with Stock) replacement for the
> stock muffler for a MkII 16V. Unfortunately, some of
> us with only scholarship income (I'm a student!) can't
> afford those nice Supersprint or Borla mufflera ;(.
>
> Hell, I can't even afford the stock muffler. The
> dealer here in wants $475 Canadian for it. The only
> other source I know for dealer parts is Parts Place
> in Michigan but I hate dealing with them.
>
> We have a Bosal dealer in Town who wants $200 Canadian
> for one with a lifetime warranty (not stainless steel
> of course). It looks like the stock one anyway with the
> stock dual tip look which I like. No Racerboy here.
> SOOOo, does anyone have any experience with the BOSAL?
> Any performance loss over stock? Sounds stock?
> Again, I know their Brospeed line would be better, but

Well Bosal now makes ALL the OEM replacement exhaust systems for older VW's and
maybe even some of the new ones.  They are supposed to be good ad the downpipe I got
seems like quality.  If it's got a lifetime warrantee get it.  It should be exactly the same as
stock.  good luck

Josh Clark
Visit EXC's Performance Website at:
http://idt.net/~exc
(201) 726 0507

-We specialize in specialty European parts and
-wheels for VW's