Re: Impulse+my opinions (long impulse!)

Shawn C. Meze wrote:

> Another bitch of mine with EC is not just the articles of feature vehicles
> but also the tech articles. My most vivid blunder they has was the brake test
> they did with Velocity. (I dont know if any of you remember that one or not.
> or, simply dont care...) They had to stop their testing because the police
> ran them off from their testing area. They never got to finish testing ALL of
> the brake pads they brought to be tested! So.........WTF, over?? You would
> think that before they published the article that they would maybe....oh..I
> dunno.... finish the damn test maybe, huh?? Ya think???

You'll think I'm crazy but I kind of like that about EC, Now let me
explain myself. I read an article in there once about breaking 200 MPH
where they took a few very heavily modified Porsches out on some desert
road trying to hit 200 MPH. Now I don't like them forgetting to give us
information, but what othe car mag has such blatent disrespect for the
law? EC does and I don't know why but I get a huge kick out of it. Call
me childish or whatever but I like their F U style of writing
sometimes.

They do make a lot of mistakes thats for sure, Once I saw a nice 914 on
the cover and was so excited only to look through every page not to find
the project 914 until the next month.  ALso what happened to readers
rides or whatever its called in the last issue????

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin