Re: Paint Jobs and Cost

At 12:39 AM 4/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Now, right now I know this is gonna become a huge thread (like it did over
>the summer when i posted a similar question)
>Let me just interject with a point -
>
>You can get painjobs (non-maaco) from $900 - $waaaay up there.
>
>Now some people are gonna bad mouth cheap paint jobs but face it - if you got
>a $550 maaco job and a 2 year guarentee you could have it painted each year
>(or it may be covered by the guarentee) and still pay less the some ultra
>high end place.  In addition, i might say that they are terrible at prep
>work.  Its annoying and time consuming, and specific to each car.  So if you
>do the prep yourself, take it to maaco to be sprayed/primed/etc.  That they
>are good at.
>Just my two cents.
>
>Rus

Your right on the money there. If somebody is enclined to do the prep work then
like I said, the easy part is the actual painting.
If your car has really minor dings and you know how to spread frosting on a
cake, then you can probably fix those small problems and prep the whole car for
painting. (ya well, I know its a little more involved than that...)
Thanks for saying what I forgot to say, twice!

Shawn