Re: History question

> The Turbo impulse of the 1986 era was a decent performer with 140
> horsepower on tap
> with a 2 liter intercooled turbo FI engine. Turbo impulse
> weighed in at
> a lard-assedly 2880 lbs curb weight

I had a friend a couple years ago who had a turbo Impulse.  I always
called it a 'wanna-be Scirocco'.  Hehe...he didn't like that very
much.  ;-)  140 hp from a turbo 2.0?  Jeez!  How weak.  I always gave
him a good run with the 8V I had at the time.  I just always thought
he was a no-drivin' fool, but now I know they're just slow.

> While the fastest new VW's (VR6's) are quite pricey these days, the 80's
> VW's were actually a decent bargain!

You don't think the VR6 is a good bargain?  How many other cars around
$20K can give a BMW 328i a really good run?

-Mike
89 Scirocco Scala 8V
Midnight Blue-BTW, what's the factory name of that color, anyway?