Re: Seat question

>When this happened to me I replaced the seat frame on the upper passenger
>side.  I asked about the wire but I broke the actual metal arm that goes out
>to the handle.  swapping the seat cover onto a new frame isnt that bad, and
>just to let you know the seat frame of a recaro clone seat is the same as a
>regular old seat.  the difference is the big foam padding.  One other option

Thanks for all the answers. I think I'll be able to get this taken care of
pretty quickly. From the above, it looks like swapping covers isn't too
hard. Is it possible to buy replacement stock covers? My drivers seat is
starting to wear on the side bolster, which seems to be a problem in almost
all older VWs that I've seen.

Thanks
Brad