Re: Cam and compression headgasket

Hi Dan:

At 07:51 PM 10/24/96 +0600, you wrote:
>        Does anybody have any experience with the compression increasing
>headgasket that Autotech sells?  For that matter, with a mostly stock
>engine, only exhaust, K&N, and timing increased to 10° will there be any
>problems?  Pinging ,etc... (I always run 93 octane)

I've had good results with them in the past. If I recall correctly they are
a VW Motorsport part. We have had no ping problems with them on
hi-test gas and stock timing. You can always bring your timing down if
you ping.

>`      Part 2:  what cam do you recommend for a lightly modified engine? GTi
>or Hor? (No umluat's on my keyboard!)  It's an '87 8V so it's solid lifter
>and no knock sensor.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'd go with the Euro GTI cam. Make sure it's a genuine one and not
an copy, the steel in some of the copies does not hold up.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
"Your VW/Porsche Parts Source"
Phone (518) 882-6534