Re: gear speeds and RPMS questions (I might be a dumbass)

At 03:28 AM 10/25/96 -0400, you wrote:

>NO NO NO The car Bobs as you said it, but I just realized tonight (a few
>minutes ago) I was driving after it warmed up, I took it to 60MPH in 2nd.
>Yes it will hit >7000RPMS.
>
>Let me try and explain, The car hits ~6200 and the power drops off. As a
>knee jerk reaction (espiucally after spending $494 on the car) I let off the
>gas. If I hold the pedal down it goes to 7000RPMS. Still this is strange and
>I know I didn't imagine it. My dash light dim a little at ~7000RPMS and I
>heard oit backfire a little once. I have a crappy midaz muffler on the car
>with TT racing downpipe ahead if that. I'll probobly get TT exhaust once I
>recover from my reapir bills.

You might want to take a look at the ignition - cap, rotor, wires, etc.
If they are deteriorating they can cause your apark to break up at high
RPMs. Also, the Midas muffler probably doesn't flow too well and you'd
feel that at high RPM too.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
"Your VW/Porsche Parts Source"