Re: Cam and compression headgasket

At 07:51 PM 10/24/96 +0600, you wrote:

>        Does anybody have any experience with the compression increasing
>headgasket that Autotech sells?  For that matter, with a mostly stock
>engine, only exhaust, K&N, and timing increased to 10° will there be any
>problems?  Pinging ,etc... (I always run 93 octane)
>
>`      Part 2:  what cam do you recommend for a lightly modified engine? GTi
>or Hor? (No umluat's on my keyboard!)  It's an '87 8V so it's solid lifter
>and no knock sensor.  Any help would be appreciated.

YES..... I..... DO! As I talked about in an earlier message, (like a few
days ago) the gasket they sell is the VW motorsports head gasket that is 1.4
mm thick. It will increase the compression .7 of what ever you have now. I
think you have the 8.5-1 engine?? (Im not sure) So if you added the gasket,
you would have a total of 9.2-1. Even with 87 octane, I have no pinging.
(with 15 Degrees and the head shaved .40!)

Part 2: Go with the G grind cam. Its got good numbers and a 8-10 gain in hp.
.423 lift, duration of 283. Good idle.
I have the HOR cam in my Scirocco. I was told that their cams tend to
flatten out. I figured with a lifetime warranty, I could afford to replace a
few if they did! So far, a year of hard use and I have had NO wear
measurments from the cam.
I have heard that the Neuspeed 268 is a great cam too. Im gonna put one in
my GLi. Its expensive tho!

shawn