Re: gear speeds and RPMS questions (I might be a dumbass)

>At 09:04 PM 10/24/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>>
>>Does the car suddenly shut off?  That's what the stock rev limiter does.  Or
>>does it just stop and go no further.  If it's the later then the rev limiter
>>or computer is definately messed up or the tach could be reading wrong.  You
>>had your trans fised right?  They could have messed up the speedo cable
>>somehow which sounds more likely.  I doubt they touched the computer.  You
>>definately have another date with your mechanic though =)
>>Josh Clark
>
>Stock rev limiter on what kind of car?  My limiter doesn't turn my car
>off!!!!  That's ridiculous.  What if I hit the red in 4th (@110mph), and the
>car turned off, IN GEAR!?!?!  My transmission would come up through the
floor!
NO NO NO The car Bobs as you said it, but I just realized tonight (a few
minutes ago) I was driving after it warmed up, I took it to 60MPH in 2nd.
Yes it will hit >7000RPMS.

Let me try and explain, The car hits ~6200 and the power drops off. As a
knee jerk reaction (espiucally after spending $494 on the car) I let off the
gas. If I hold the pedal down it goes to 7000RPMS. Still this is strange and
I know I didn't imagine it. My dash light dim a little at ~7000RPMS and I
heard oit backfire a little once. I have a crappy midaz muffler on the car
with TT racing downpipe ahead if that. I'll probobly get TT exhaust once I
recover from my reapir bills.

I feel sooooo Stupid.

>Anyway, my rev limiter, when it kicks in at @ 7200, will make my car 'bob'.
>It will toggle between like 7k and 7.2k until I let off the gas.
>RrRrRrRrRrRrRr is the sound, if you can picture that.

I can.

>Second vote for confronting the mechanic, however.

Maybe a tune up is in order too, Still with this little problem the car runs
awesome.

Kevin McGrath           |                   | kevin@pelican.net
1211 Pridgen Road I4    |                   |http://www.pelican.net/~kevin
Myrtle Beach SC 29577   |                   |Happiness is a screaming tire!