Re: Shawn Meze

At 06:57 AM 10/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
>J E D wrote:
>
>> NICE DRIVING KEEP IT UP TILL YOU KILL SOME ONE OR YOUR SELF
>> AND YOUR A RACER I DONT THINK SO
>> A REAL RACER WOULD NOT RISK KILLING EVERY DAY DRIVERS
>> KEEP IT ON THE TRACK
>
> Hmmm... That's odd. I've been getting the list for about two months now
>& have all 1000+ messages I've received in my mail clients trash folder.
>There doesn't seem to be any messages from a 'J E D' in there. For that
>matter, I don't recall seeing any other messages typed in all caps with
>no punctuation.

We're dealing with a neanderthal.

Sherlock holmes is on it.  With my email system, you can change your
"identity" in seconds.  I frequently use Satan@hell.com when screwing w/
people.  However, because of how easy it is to do this, my email system will
also display the email address of the actual user in a "References" section.
This is a cut/paste from that letter:

From: jed.services@juno.com (J E D)

There are several possibilities:
1.  The dork just changed the first half of his name, in which case we keep
our eyes open for *@juno.com.
2.  He did like I thought and the whole string was faked, in which case his
address has something to do with
"199610150445.VAA21914@dfw-ix2.ix.netcom.com", which is, I believe, the same
system that shawn meze uses, so it
     could be a friend of his.
3.  That really is a member, but he's just the quiet type.

I remember an instance like this on the corrado mailing list were members w/
modified cars and members w/ stock cars had some heated arguments as to
whether people should modify their cars and what purposes were behind it.

Let's not do one of them.  That's so gay.

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco

West Ambler Johnston Hall
Virginia Tech Campus