Re: Shawn Meze

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Chris Taylor wrote:

> We're dealing with a neanderthal.
>
> Sherlock holmes is on it.  With my email system, you can change your
> "identity" in seconds.  I frequently use Satan@hell.com when screwing w/
> people.  However, because of how easy it is to do this, my email system will
> also display the email address of the actual user in a "References" section.
> This is a cut/paste from that letter:

> From: jed.services@juno.com (J E D)

The references header normally indicates the message that is being replied
to.  In this case, J E D is a real member of the list (the email address
and MX records for the domain are OK), just one who doesn't raise his/her
voice until Shawn exceeds the posted limit... ;-)

Kevin Wenzel - Director of Network Operations                   privateI, LLC
kwenzel@privateI.com                                Internet and Web Services
KB0MQM                        28.8 PPP/Shell Dialup and Private Port Accounts
                    ***  http://www.privateI.com/  ***